A student record that has a hold will prevent the student from being able to register for courses, add or drop courses, or change course selections. There are various types of holds that a student might encounter, such as:

  • Advising Hold (AH) if either the College or the student's department finds it necessary to meet with the student regarding degree status or their academic program. Students with this hold should first check with their department advising office.
  • College Hold (CH) requires that the student meet with an advisor or Dean in the College Undergraduate Programs Office.
  • Various other holds may be placed by the Office of the Registrar's Office.