Meet with a College Advisor/Undergraduate Dean
- Scheduled academic advising appointments are available Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- Express Advising is hosted in the East Wing of the 4th floor in Grainger Library
- Monday through Friday: 1pm - 4PM CDT
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
- February 8: no express advising
- February 13: express will begin an hour late (2pm - 4pm CDT)
- March 11-15: virtual express only from 2pm - 4pm CDT
- April 5: no express advising (Engineering Open House)
- April 30: express will begin an hour late (2pm - 4pm CDT)
Schedule a College Advising Appointment
- Go to https://my.engr.illinois.edu/advising/.
- Use NetId and password to log in.
- Select the "UPO College Advising Appointment" Calendar.
- Select advisors to see available appointment times.
- Indicate if the appointment will be In-Person, Online, or via Phone (be sure to include phone number).
- Schedule appointment.
- Students should review the email confirmation they receive once the appointment is scheduled. Pertinent information relative to advising modality chosen will be in it!
- In-Person Appointments: Check your email for the location of your appointment.
- Online Appointments: Check the email confirmation. If no specific Zoom information provided, students will receive a Zoom link before the appointment to join advising meeting.
- Phone Appointments: Advisors will call at the number student provided at the start of the appointment.
Schedule College Advising Appointment
Meet with a College Advisor/Dean during Express Advising
- For brief or time-sensitive questions or situations.
- To meet with Records Staff about degree audit or graduation.
- In-Person: Check-In at the Grainger Academic Advising Center Reception desk which is located in the east wing of the 4th floor in Grainger Library.
- Online: Link to enter Advising Queue: UPO Advisor/Staff Queue
- Once students enter the queue, they will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (Reception Staff) confirming queue status.
- Students will also get an email from the advisor/staff when they are ready to meet.
- For Zoom resources and all technology related questions, check https://it.engineering.illinois.edu/keeplearning
- The advisor/staff will wait for 7 minutes from the time the email is sent. Students who fail to enter the Zoom room after 7 minutes will be removed from the queue for the advisor to see the next student.
- If the Queue website is down, call the main number at +1 217-333-2280 to see an advisor online.
- If the Reception Staff believe that a student's question can be answered by email instead of waiting for an advisor, they will communicate with the student via email to clarify.
- If the Reception Staff believe that a student will need to schedule an appointment instead, the student will receive instructions via email.
- James Scholars Advising: Wednesdays and Thursdays 2pm - 3pm CST through Zoom ONLY or email email@example.com with questions.
Express Advising Online Queue James Scholar Online Queue